Welcome to Roleplay Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overall Website Rules

Go down

Overall Website Rules Empty Overall Website Rules

Post by Admin Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:23 am

I only have five rules for you to all abide by! (for now, only five) These apply to the entire website, on top of any rules specifically stated in any roleplay. If one cannot follow even these simple rules... We will have a problem.

• Don't be a dick. I feel as if this one is pretty explanatory. My biggest pet peeve is people who are hypocritical, mean, over bearing, rude, and overall dickish. I'm not going to ask for every single little plot to be run by me. I'm not going to force people into a corner with their characters. I'm not going to deny one person something, and then allow another to have it. I will not call any one group of people anything bad (such as, "oh, they're a clique because they only ever plot with each other"), etc. We are all here to roleplay together, and to have fun. If you are being a dick, we will have a personal talk. Consider that your one and only warning. If someone is bothering you, alert me immediately. I will NOT tolerate anyone putting anyone else down, nor anyone being a dick. That is the entire reason I created this website. To have fun and roleplay with my friends, and to not have people worry about what they do or say that might get them kicked out of a roleplay just because they don't agree with the creator. Everyone disagrees from time to time, and that is fine. But leave it at that. Don't push shit further than that. We are all different, with differing opinions. Follow the rules set in here and in the roleplay you joined, or leave. I will not tolerate any bullshit.

• Layouts? Well, you see, there is the option of BBC code on the website. However, I've found that the BBC coding doesn't quite work like on Gaia. For example, if you want to align a picture to the left and the text listed to the right alongside it, it is impossible to work. Or at least, I haven't found a single way to get it to work. And if you do, oh my goodness I will love you forever, and I will put the information up here for others to see! The basic that I want to see is, if you can manage, maybe a 100 x 100 or 200 x 200 icon of your character up top along posts, and their name. That way we know who is being posted, and when.

• Post minimums? Site wide, I am asking for an absolute bare minimum of two paragraphs. That means five to seven correctly constructed sentences per paragraph, with enough description and dialogue for the next person to reply to. I want these roleplays to be able to run smooth and quick, and for people to never be left waiting. However, if the creator of a roleplay asks for more than that, it is up to them, and you must follow the rules. Although, I will say, I don't want anyone's minimum required to be anything more than five paragraphs. There is absolutely no reason that five paragraphs should be a minimum. Even I have a hard time reaching five paragraphs sometimes. And as for word counts, I won't try to count how much is in a paragraph, or force a word count minimum. I could say 500 words minimum, which I can easily get in two paragraphs, but unfortunately, you might not be able to. But site wide, the absolute minimum is two paragraphs. Also, I will state here, proper grammar and punctuation is a must.

• Keep it PG-13 I'm sure by now we all know the difference between PG-13 and R. If not, go look it up! No explicit nudity or sex scenes. No extreme language, violence, or gore. There are plenty of violent movies and such that were rated PG-13 without being overboard to the point of making someone else vomit or anything. Not everyone on here wants to read in gruesome detail how someone lost their head, or exactly how passionate a night was between two characters.

• How do I get my own roleplay? Ah! Now that's a fun question. I will be making a thread where you can post your ideas, but effectively, you need to gather a summary of the roleplay idea, as well as the name of it, and submit it to me. I may require a bit more information from you, depending on the idea, but once it is all figured out, I'll make a Category and Forum for you, that way you can start up your roleplay!

Admin
Admin

https://roleplayheavens.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum